Wednesday, January 21, 2009

#19 Web Apps

As I first read up on Google Docs I questioned the difference between its function and that of wikis, since they both seem to be about collaboration. But the features of Google Docs make it best for collaborating on specific documents (especially the inclusion of a record of past revisions) while wikis are more about a freer collaborating of ideas and events.

This also has great potential for working at home on documents for the library without carrying a flash drive or worrying about multiple platforms.

I explored the templates that are available in Google Docs and the number and variety are truly amazing.

I made two documents in Google Docs, this one and a four sided folding card from a template. (I still haven't figured out how to print my card without all the directions too, but I will work on it.)

(I'm sure there's a way to upload this document into my blog but I'm running out of time to figure it out so I will just copy and paste instead.)

No comments: