Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Flickr Fun

I explored a few of the third party tools, but there are so many, I didn't have time to even read all the way through the list! Some people must have an awful lot of time on their hands. It boggles my mind what all can be done with photos.

I did have fun spelling my husband's name in Spell with Flickr and I printed it out to take home to him. (After I got it the way I wanted it I dragged and dropped each letter onto a word processing document. I hope this wasn't some kind of copyright infringement.) This tool could be used to make eyecatching signs for special library displays.

The Bubblr (I'm not sure I even have that spelled right) also interested me. It might be fun for making humorous greeting cards.

It was interesting to look through these different tools, but my time is limited and I just can't experiment with very many of them. Thanks for letting us know what is available, though!

1 comment:

Susan said...

Sites like "Spell with Flickr" are designed to be used by others. Frequently they ask for credit or a link back if you use them on a public site, but I'm sure printing out your husband's name and taking it home to him is no problem. You are just doing it for personal use without making it public in any way. Glad you had fun playing with this application!